29 August 2006

Waiting in Waterloo

Well here we are. Thesis defended and handed in, apartment vacated, bed sold (yes it did happen, a small miracle I know), and here I am sitting in a dorm room in Waterloo, Ontario contemplating why I am writing a post instead of taking a nap, which is much needed after my 2 hours of sleep last night. As per usual the flight from Halifax was delayed... I know, big shock. This meant I had to stay in Toronto overnight and drove into Waterloo this morning. It's been a rather slow day, and I am really looking forward to just getting home. Though the reality of leaving is slowly beginning to kick in, which makes me both excited and apprehensive... yeah, I know it's the Type A connundrum: what do you mean we can't control everything? Anyway, it's two more days here, then off to Edmonton for three more. Well I suppose I should get right on this nap before it's too late, so I will leave you on this note: I have somehow been roped into driving the 12 passenger van - ah the ever selfless designated driver ends up driving a MAMMOTH of a vehicle... cross your fingers for me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exuberant. To KHOWP all day.

Love,
Me!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,

I know you already feel privledged and blessed for the opporunity of meeting and working with me. I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. Anyways I am going to throw this out here. You can take it if you like or throw it back at me. Don't go to Ghana. Anyways hope all is well. I am going to get back to my manly chores such as weight lifting and counting the number of pushups i can do with one hand tied behind my back. Something a woman would never understand. Chau, The Donald

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura Samaroo,

First of all, how does it feel to have a big-ass 2nd degree attached to ur name! Congrats! 2nd of all, you can handle Ghana, you're Type A, you're tough, and you've been a travellin' before..you'll do it all in the most classy way. Own it.
- Your Megs

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home